Technology is ever-changing. If you don’t keep up, your organization risks falling behind and missing critical opportunities. Although it may be tempting to adopt the, “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it” mentality, your organization must embrace new skills and technologies to operate efficiently and make smart decisions for the future.
While cloud technologies used to be king, artificial intelligence (AI) and data analytics now reign supreme. That’s according to a recent survey from Gartner, Inc., which gathered data from more than 3,000 CIOs in 89 countries on the largest technology investments by governments for 2019.
We’ve put together a list of Gartner’s top five emerging technologies, all of which you can see at HxGN LIVE 2019, 11-14 June in Las Vegas:
- AI / Machine Learning (ML): The true value of advanced analytics is when it’s seamlessly integrated into your day-to-day workflows to provide decision support and situational awareness. Discover how Hexagon is embedding real-time, continuous AI and ML into our core safety and infrastructure products to make them more intelligent and proactive.
- Data Analytics: A city can only reach its full potential when citizens feel safe and secure. Make your community safer and more resilient with Hexagon’s data mining and analytics tools, designed to help your organization see data in new ways, increase public awareness, and solve complex business problems.
- Cloud: While the cloud no longer holds the top spot on the Gartner survey, it’s still an attractive long-term IT strategy for agencies everywhere. Created with end-users and administrators in mind, Hexagon’s cloud-based solutions deliver cost-savings, flexibility, and improved efficiencies.
- Internet of Things (IoT): Often called the next industrial revolution, IoT is transforming the way businesses collect and exchange data. At Hexagon, our teams are working to leverage the enormous potential of IoT to connect devices, find solutions to problems, and help organizations run more efficiently.
- Mobile (including 5G): Mobile technologies aren’t going anywhere. And they will only become more valuable for public safety and utilities and communications organizations with time. By providing instant access to critical data, maps, records, and personnel, Hexagon’s mobile solutions enhance daily workflows, reduce errors, and improve operations.
It’s Hexagon’s job to stay ahead of the curve and carefully develop products that help make your community a better place to live, work, and visit. Register for HxGN LIVE today to see how Hexagon’s solutions are changing to meet the unique needs and expectations of our customers.
Lucy Berry DeButy is a content marketing writer and editor for Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure's Global Marketing team. She has nearly 10 years of writing and editing experience in print and digital media. DeButy holds bachelor's degrees in English and journalism from the University of North Alabama.