Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure Unveils Safe City Framework
Integrated solutions and coordinated capabilities make cities safer and more resilient
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama, November 14, 2017
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure unveiled its Safe City Framework at Smart City Expo World Congress, the leading international event for smart cities. Hexagon’s Safe City Framework offers flexibility to support solutions that advance capabilities, while being practical to implement within a city’s new or existing information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure.
Hexagon has been independently assessed as the global market leader for computer-aided dispatch (CAD) and geographic information system (GIS) software in control rooms and offers an extensive portfolio of solutions and domain expertise for other vital public services. Hexagon’s integrated solutions and coordinated capabilities amplify the benefits and impact of individual software applications to improve public services operations, increase citywide cooperation and expand stakeholder engagement.
“Cities must not only protect people and property, but also economic activity, the environment and the public perception of the city as a safe place to live, work and visit,” said Steven Cost, president, Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure. “Hexagon provides the connectivity, collaboration and intelligence essential to making cities safer and more resilient.”
Hexagon’s solutions serve thousands of communitiesaround the world, from mega cities like New York City and São Paulo to entire countries, like Germany and New Zealand. Supported by an extensive technology and implementation partner eco-system, and with safe city-ready components that advance city capabilities, Hexagon is uniquely positioned to realize customers’ safe city strategies.
These safe city components and capabilities include:
- Data mining and analytics solutions that help identify and mitigate risk and improve resource management and operational efficiency.
- Sensor and video intelligencesolutions that improve operational capability to detect, assess and respond to incidents.
- Citizen reporting solutions that improve the ease and speed with which the public can request assistance and provide information.
- Next Gen 911/112 call-taking and dispatching solutions that manage communications and critical information from multimedia sources and coordinate and track resources and situations in real time.
- Multi-agency resource management solutions that provide the information and capabilities to optimize resources across services and jurisdictions.
- Infrastructure management solutions that optimizeplanning and operations to better understand the condition of assets, minimize disruption to vital services and expedite recovery.
- Incident command system solutions that enable collaboration between emergency services and other city services for faster, more efficient and effective major incident planning, response, recovery and mitigation.
- Mobile working solutions that empower personnel and increase situational awareness, while enhancing efficiency and service delivery.
- Digital records and evidence solutions that collect and manage information about people, places and incidents to aid evidence-based investigations and decision-making.
- Dashboards and reporting solutions that make information accessible, interactive and fact-based for greater insight, visibility and engagement.
During Smart City Expo World Congress, Hexagon is demonstrating how its portfolio works across three areas essential to every smart city: digital, safe and connected. Hexagon will demonstrate its safe city capabilities in its own exhibit area, as well as alongside its partnersMicrosoft and Huawei, while Cost will speak of the challenges facing urban areas during the panel discussion, “Bend Not Break: Preparing Our Cities to Respond to Emergencies and Disasters.”